Setup Guide for the GAME MASTERS
Hello parents, teachers, and all creative people.
We are so glad you chose this game because we genuinely believe your kids will have a lot of fun with it. Preparing the game can be as much fun as playing it and this guide will help you create the most amazing experience for your children.
You will be actively involved throughout the game while interacting with the whole group.
Actually, you are going to have two roles:
1. Setting up the game and
2. Playing the role of Marshmallow – Professor Wumblemores slightly overweight talking cat
This role will allow you to guide the kids, monitor their progress, and help them if necessary. Of course, we made a special guide for you (Game Master Guide), that will make your job a piece of cake!
But first, let’s start with the setup!
Step 1: Download and Print
There are three ways to download your game kit:
- After the purchase, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the download link.
- You can download it on the purchase confirmation page, or
- On the My Account page.
Open the PDF file “THE GAME” and print it on a regular home/office color printer. Go to printer properties and select:
- Letter or A4 paper size
- Fit to paper
- One-sided printing
- Color mode: Color (for a better experience) or Black and white.
For a better feeling use thicker paper, but any paper will get the job done!
Step 2: Make sure you grab:
Almost everyone already has these items in their homes, and that’s why it’s very easy to start preparing the escape as soon as you buy the game. One of our goals was to make this game accessible at any time from the comfort of your home and to be playable using these everyday items on a budget.
Step 3: Set up the game
1. Cut out the seven cards forming the sea monster!
2. Cut out the hat cutouts and gather tape or glue for assembling hats during the game!
3. Hide "THE secret potion recipe" under the table where the game will be played!
4. Hang "the Bird Cage" on the wall!
5. The table where the game will be played should be empty.
And have your "Game Masters guide" ready for leading the game
…. AND THAT’S IT, A PIECE OF CAKE.
You will get more detailed information about these steps in the “Setup Guide” that comes within the game kit!
step 4: Print or Open the GAME MASTER GUIDE
From now on, your role is to moderate the game, using the “Game Masters Guide”. This guide will help you with:
- Observing the team’s progress
- Assisting the team if needed
- Explaining the game rules to the kids
- Reading your lines (for the role of Marshmallow)
You can use the guide directly from any device, so it’s not necessary that you print it.
Step 5. When the players arrive
The Escape Room game is more than just solving puzzles or challenges. Actually, the experience very much depends on the smallest details. So in order to increase the player’s immersion into the story, try spicing your lines with a dramatic voice or, even better, use some of your acting skills. Now is your chance to show off in front of the kids and establish your status as the coolest parent/teacher ☺ Well, it’s all about the fun, isn’t it?
What about after the game?
You should get the kids involved even after they finish the game by making a short debrief. At this point, the kids are having a blast, they feel smart and accomplished, and they want to talk about the game. Go through the puzzles, ask them what they found the most interesting, which was the hardest challenge, etc. Sharing these impressions brings the game full circle, making the experience more complete and fun. Better yet, make a themed photo with all the posters included in the game kit and post it on your social media profiles.
Send invitations to the players
We have created editable invitations. Change the name, place, and date of your party and send it to your guests via Facebook, Instagram, email, etc. If you want to go old-school style, print the invitations and send them via the local post office.
Create a better atmosphere
• Play background music from our playlist. Check out the “Escape From The Wizards House” playlist. The music adds so much to the experience.
• Get toys/items/decoration that suit the storyline.
• Hang posters around the room. You can find them in the game kit.
• Serve some drinks and snacks. The game tastes better this way!